Andrew and Aaron spent a good part of the week finishing their project pulling many early mornings and late nights and my SIL, Becky and I headed off to the beach with her two boys in tow. It was absolutely beautiful! We made sandcastles and Cooper made some great "sand angels" - it was very sandy and loads of fun. After a couple of days we moved from our hotel to a condo down the street (Ocean Vista - I think). This condo was brand new and bigger than our house and very nice! We spent tons of time on the beach - the waves were nice and big and Andrew and I spent one night catching wave after wave on our boogie boards until the sun went down.
If you ever make it down to Daytona, one place I would definitely reccomend to eat is called Aunt Catfish's and it's right on the Intercoastal Waterway. The wait was tremendously long (we learned our lesson the first night and put our name on the "preferred seating" for the following night) we luckily were able to walk right in and sit. Their specialty is catfish, but I'm not one for those muck feeders so I got just plain old shrimp, scallops, crab and tilapia - I could nowhere near finish my plate and if you know Andrew and I, you know how "Southern" we like our food, so when we found out they had a big pot of cheese grits, we were in hog heaven - it was delicious!
Andrew and I went one day to the lighthouse, but unfortunately both of us forgot our wallets, so after touring the gift shop and resisting the temptation of begging for an IOU for the tour we took a few pictures (it's absolutely beautiful) and headed back for some more beach fun.
So all in all a lot of work for Andrew, but still a really nice break. It had been a really long time since I'd been to Daytona and we both really enjoyed ourselves there. I'd love to make it back there again next summer.





1 comment:
I'm glad you enjoyed my hometown!! My parents love Aunt Catfish's...they were there last week!
Post a Comment