Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Georgia Aquarium

  038 
Well it has only been open now for how many years and we are just now going? What can I say? We were too cheap to pay full price (yup, definitely!), we didn't want to see exhibits in crowds (of course, how fun is that?), or we didn't want to have to schedule a time slot to go (seriously, I have a hard enough time scheduling bedtime!) - undeniably it was all the above!!!

We started off by taking a quick snap shot with "Depot" the fish that looks strangely like a Disney character.022blog

Next we landed in what looks like a mall of aquarium exhibits - it was hard to know where to go, but somehow we managed. We saw fish, fish, and more fish. Overall I would say I am glad we went to see what all the hype was about, but I think I like the Chattanooga Aquarium better and above all I think I've decided I'm not so much an aquarium kind of girl. I did like the touchable exhibits (I got to touch sea anemone, starfish, bone sharks, and sting rays), but I'd much rather go snorkeling/diving and see the fishies that way.

Here's some pics from our day...

024 029blog 043blog 051blog

056blog057blog 062blog

In case you were wondering, Andrew's holding Madeleine in most of the pictures because he didn't think it would be a good idea to bring the stroller so he got the lucky task of being the Maddy Transporter.

063blog066blog 067blog068blog 071blog073blog076blog077blog086blog

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

That looks like it was way fun. I really like that kind of stuff. Plus, I thought the pictures were very cool.

Dave and Jana said...

Your pictures are great!!! Looks like you had tons of fun! Maddy is growing up so fast...and tooo cute!

oppfamily said...

Wow, some of those pics are AMAZING!

Patti said...

You are such a talented photographer. You'll have to give me some tips when I'm out there. I'll call you. :)