Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A great appetizer…

So for my adoring fans (totally kidding!) I’m posting my warm corn dip recipe – mmmmmm I’m craving it right now!

1 T. butter
1 small onion minced
1 T. canned jalapeno pepper (optional) – use fresh if you have it
1 1/2 T. minced garlic
4 c. corn (2 15 oz cans whole kernel corn)
1/2 green bell pepper diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
4 oz cheddar cheese shredded
4 oz monterey jack cheese shredded (I like to use pepper jack cheese)
3/4 c. sour cream
3/4 c. mayonnaise

Melt the butter in large sautee pan over medium high heat and add onions until they are softened and translucent (I LOVE onions, but my husband despises them so this softens the blow and he hardly complains). Then add the jalapeno pepper and garlic and cook until the garlic starts to become very fragrant – overcooking garlic will make it bitter. Add the peppers and corn and cook until heated through.

In a 2 quart casserole dish combine sour cream, mayonnaise, and cheeses, add seasoning if you like. I like to add salt and pepper and Nature’s Seasoning. Add the pepper/corn mixture to the casserole dish and stir to combine all the ingredients. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees, it should be hot and bubbly and totally DELICIOUS!!! I serve with tortilla chips, but beware, it goes really fast.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow! This stuff is so good. My mouth is watering as I read the recipe and remember how it tastes. If it only weren't for my pesky cholesterol numbers... :(

Sharon Pittman said...

This sounds like a really good recipe for Bunco. Think I'll try it next month. I'm sure it's calorie and fat free. Ha! Ha!