Thursday, October 22, 2009

Owen

So one of the purposes of coming home in August was to see my new nephew, Owen. Kayleen is such a fighter. I was there when she was in labor with Dylan (her first). I saw first hand how hard she labored and all she went through – pushing for three hours before finally having a c-section. I also know how not having a ‘normal’ delivery has weighed heavily on her since that time. She always knew she wanted to try a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean), but the doctors were much against her. She didn’t let that get her down. She read up on how to have the best outcome, she put herself in the best fighting form, and knew to have as much in her favor she needed to do it au naturale. Well long story short, she did it, and I am oh so proud. My only regret is that she couldn’t have waited one more day, my flight didn’t get in until the following day after he was born.

So his stats are:

weight 8 lb 8 oz
length 20 3/4 in

A big boy, but not as big as his older brother. Dylan was close to 10 lbs!!!

I was happy to get some shots of their family both at the hospital before they came home and some more formal shots of the new family. I love them!

081909_0019bwblog081909_0086bwblog 081909_0162bwblog081909_0117bwblog 081909_0110bwblog081909_0013abwblog081909_0199bwblog081909_0154bwblog081909_0170bwblog082209_0030blog082209_0129btblog082209_0025blog082209_0068ablog082209_0091ablog 082209_0093bwblog082209_0116ablog082209_0129btblog   082209_0123vblog  082209_0231blog 082209_0261btblog082209_0276fblog082209_0281ablog082209_0266ablog082209_0284a8x10fblog

And if you have followed me down this far, you are in for a treat! The best family picture I have EVER taken…

*

**

***

****

*****

******

*******

********

*********

**********   

082209_0113ablog

Ta-da! Kayleen, don’t kill me for posting this :) This photo makes me smile every time!

3 comments:

Mindy Dean said...

I love the picture of the boys with their hands behind their heads. Too cute!

Jana said...

Congrats to Kayleen!!! Really beautiful pictures too.

The Ashment Family said...

You are so dead!!!! J/K! It makes me laugh every time too. It was great to have you home! Thanks for taking such great pictures of us!!!