Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Build-a-Bear

Andrew came home from work one day with a surprise. He wouldn't tell us what it was, but he hurried us out the door to the car. He drove us to the mall and directed us into Build-a-Bear - so cute he surprised Madeleine with a Build-a-Bear just because he loves her. I had never been - wow! What an experience!

First you pick out your animal.

Then you fill it with fluff (Andrew's holding her foot down on the fluff-filler pedal)

486a_1

Then you pick a heart, make a wish, kiss it and it's placed inside.490a

Then you wait to have your animal stitched up and you create the birth certificate507a

Then you pick out your accessories (man, they have a ton!). Madeleine picked out pajamas for her elephant and a backpack carrier.

524a 521a

Then you package up your animal in a take home crate

205a216a

Now for my favorite part... You watch your teeny tiny daughter carry out the package that is almost as big as she is. Don't try to help her! She can do it all by herself. You should have seen the looks we were getting as she was half carrying/dragging this out of the mall - she carried it the whole way by herself.

225a_1 232a 255_filtered

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it. So now she has the elephant and the bunny, what's next?
BTW, my favorite thing is seeing tiny Miss Priss lugging her carton.

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

That's the cutest thing I've ever seen! I have never been to a Build-a-Bear workshop. I love that you "pick a heart, make a wish, kiss it" & put it in the bear. Very adorable! I love how Madeline carried the box through the mall!

Dave and Jana said...

SO Cute!!! I love the pics of her carrying it out...to funny! I bet she thought she was hot stuff, huh? lol!

The Ashment Family said...

That picture of the two of you looks so cute! Build-a-bear is such a fun experience!