Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So you can see really how far it's come...

This is my first known picture in my (then ugly) kitchen. This was taken with my film camera the first weekend we bought the house. I immediately stripped all the wallpaper off (not to have it painted until (is this right?) this weekend! This was the pantry they had built that made the entry in the kitchen only possible by the dining room. The laundry room would be behind the camera in this picture so you would have to come downstairs, walk through the family room, through the dining room, and through the kitchen to do your laundry. It was one of the first things to go.

House 001 Year  2005 (we moved in late 2003)1.23.06 3661.23.06 373

This fridge had a story in and of itself. The original owners of the home wanted to sell it to us for $300. I said NO WAY! We had been looking at new refrigerators and I was so excited to have my very own new one. They LEFT IT!!! Andrew thought it was awesome that he didn't have to run out and buy a new fridge (ugh!). I'm not kidding it took me 3 days of scrubbing it to get it in  a safe enough condition to contain food. Cassidie can attest to it. Eggs, that's all I'm gonna say...

1.23.06 374

Year 2007

7.1.07 0287.1.07 0297.1.07 031

As of yesterday, today the tile was grouted. Now to nag to get the rest of the trim up. I promise to post the final pictures when it's done.

005a_2 008a

2 comments:

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

The final product is so beautiful! Don't you hate when projects take forever? That's how it is at our house. My husband is so talented, but doesn't have much time for home projects. I am sure you are just loving it! I love the back splash!

Marsie said...

It's beautiful! Congrats! Nice job!